Thursday, May 6, 2010

Having fun while "working" out

Part of my return to fitness is that I really want to have fun with it. I hate reading blogs or magazine articles that say "I hate doing cardio, but I just do it." Um, cardio can be fun, can't it?

On Tuesday, I had a faculty meeting that went a half hour longer than necessary. Even though I had a bag in my car full of gym clothes, I just couldn't bring myself to do it. Instead, I called the Fiance and asked him if he wanted to meet me to play tennis. I'm awful at it. I like to make believe that I'm a Williams sister and grunt while I serve or hit a ball out of my reach, but really, I suck. However, being out in the sun with The Fiance having fun while burning calories... that's a big plus.

Yesterday was Day 2 of Week 1 of the C25K. I admit that I feel a bit of soreness in my glutes and my abs from my first run on Monday, but yesterday, I just got it moving. I have to admit that my last interval (there's eight of them this week) was truly a push, but doing the loop around the hospital at lunchtime when all the workers are outside getting a bit of sun and going for a walk motivated me. I kept thinking, this interval, I'm going to pass that lady in red. This interval, I'm going to pass those two older women. It was great.

Today is a non-running day, and I'm debating whether I want to go to the gym and put in a hard core workout on the elliptical or to go for a walk in the sun. Decisions, decisions :)

No comments:

Post a Comment