Monday, May 3, 2010

C25K: Week 1, Day 1

So, it's been quite a while since I've found myself at this place... literally over two years ago! I decided to take my sprinting heels out for a spin. The rain had cleared, it looked beautiful outside and I needed to get my workout in. What's better than a C25K walk/run workout? This week's workouts are a 5 minute warmup walk, a 60 second run followed by a 90 second brisk walk, and finished off with a 5 minute cool down walk. There are eight of these run/walk intervals, and I thought I could do it. I mean, last time, I was so close to reaching my 5K goal... how hard could this be?

Well, the first two or three intervals were fine. A breeze. When I got to the middle... oy. Not as easy as I remember it. By the time interval seven rolled around, I was out of breathe, my shins were hurting (crap, really? I need new sneaks already?), and I was sweating like a pig.

But man... that run felt good. I remember why I stuck with it for so long. And it was the push I needed to make this week a good week fitness wise.

2 comments: